👋 Hello Draftbit community,
We continue our quest to empower you to create those most advanced app functionalities possible. With these updates, reset text input fields when a screen is unfocused, or build a data-enabled list-within-a-list screen (e.g. display list items' "tags" arrays). We've gone deeper with Xano. And we've made working with variable options easier than ever.
Here's a complete list of the product updates that landed on Draftbit over the past week!
🚀 What's New?
Deeper integration with Xano: Add your Xano APIs directly from the Data panel. And we added a guide on Authentication (create user, log in user, log out user) with Xano.
- 📝 For integrating Xano APIs directly, check out the official Draftbit documentation here.
- 🔗 Check out the guide for Low-code Authentication with Xano REST API.
- 🎥 Or you can also follow the steps described in Draftbit's Office Hours Video to implement the Email/Password sign-in with Xano and Draftbit.
You can now have a nested List component inside a parent List.
Using low-code Custom Functions, now you can use pre-defined hooks such as
- Check out guide we wrote on Resetting a TextInput field after a screen is unfocused.
The type of a variable from a REST API endpoint is now shown in the Variables option. A type here can represent a string, number, etc., of the field of data in the endpoint.
♻️ What's changed?
The format of showing "SERVICE // ENDPOINT" text in the variable options list has been removed. The UI in the builder now groups all the variables by the endpoint name.
We've renamed the option "Submit Data" to "API Request". You can find this action option in the Interactions tab > Action on a Touchable or a Button component.
🔧 What's fixed?
The Center component can have custom width and height.
- Did you know that Draftbit comes with a pre-built component called Center. It automatically centers anything you place inside of it. You can control its width, height, and background color.
Radio button has a couple of fixes. The color selection property and the changing the size of the button are now working as expected.
Until next week, The Draftbit Team